Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Almost my birthday

Today's exactly 34 days before I say goodbye to being the goody-too-shoes 22-year old and blossom into what I hope to be a fierce 23-year old. Nah, I'm just kidding with the fierce part. :D

So anyway, I was thinking of what to wish for this year. Since we always get that privilege to hope for the most extravagant gadgets or a small get-together each time our birthday draws to a near. I kind of want to experience the same feeling.

Two months ago, I did all this financial planning on what I should get myself for my birthday, "it should be something that is part of my wishlist" I told myself, which eventually screwed up the time I bought Cherry (finally, my mac laptop's got a name!).

That's goodbye then  for my birthday wish to own a fisheye lomo camera. Now that I've mentioned it, I'm kinda lost why I wanted a manual camera in the first place. Especially, since I already have my pink cybershot which has kept me company for two memorable years now and the fact that I have yet to use a manual cam. Actually, I was beginning to reconsider the thought on my way home last night.

Because I feel there's this dire need to get myself something on my birthday, I came up with a few options which are still part of my wishlist (see the mid-right portion of my blog):

1. To have my blog hosted and its domain changed into .com- This option is pretty much within my reach right now. For I'm currently making talks with web developers and seeking help from friends who could help me design my site. And this I tell you, the anticipation is killing me!! I'm just so so stoked about the idea of finally having my own site. Ain't that the coolest?!
2. To dine at Dusit Thani or Spiral- A celebration that is being pushed by my older sister Ate Joy. It's not really at the topmost part of my priorities as of the moment, but with all the begging that she's been making I might actually give in.
3. To go to Malaysia- Tickets are booked, this is a go-- only it's gonna happen next year.
4. To let my creative juices flow- Recently, I've somewhat made a food blog which will showcase all the delectable treats I devoured, since, well, I learned that eating is paramount to shunning depression. I'm really fond of stress eating you know, hence the weight gain. LOL This doesn't really count as an option right?

Looking at my list, I can see that I only have two tangible, agreeable options after all. That freakin' trickles down to me getting a .com then. haha Well I could dine at Isabelo on my birthday, especially now that we're weeks away from moving to our new house, which luckily is a jeep-ride away from my most favorite Isabelo. YIPEEE!!

But seriously, I could get away with my birthday still all smiles and feeling blessed sans all these whims of mine. Just one thing, (not peace of mind, that only applies to peeps who've carried a heavier cross than mine) I pray that cosmos or God for that matter,  would give me that much will to forget the things that hurt me in the past. And that I be granted the strength to let go of the things I cannot change. Simple wishes done with utmost sincerity.

Anyhoo, in hindsight, here are a few shots of my 22nd birthday celebration last year.
God I miss these people. L-R Ms. Lhenz, Mimi, Tang, Jeff, Jai and Yayo Gladdys
Blowing my birthday cake
my friends' gift: Banapple's Oreo cookies and cream cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you love me, so do drop me a line :)